You know the friendly little greeting you see at the top of the page when you sign on to AOL.com?
Have you ever wondered how you change the name that displays in that greeting spot? Like maybe because you thought it would be funny in 1996 to have the AOL Welcome Screen say "Welcome Pookie" instead of your first name? Ok, maybe that's just me ... Anyway, if you are tired of seeing the same display name you've been looking at for years, you CAN change it!
- Go to this URL: https://bill.aol.com/SPortal/jsp/ScreenNameMain
(NOTE: You will need to know your Account Security Question to get onto that site.)
- Look for the Screen Name you want to update, then click on the word "Change".
- Type in the name you want to see displayed
- Click Save and then go back to aol.com
- Works like magic -- Pookie is history!
The AOL Homepages Team